To make these Christmas pinecone treats, all you will need is:
- Cooking Chocolate
- Cornflakes (any brand)
- Icing sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Cupcake cases
Makes 10 or so pinecones
1. Melt some chocolate in a bowl either in the microwave on in a glass bowl over hot (but not boiling) water.
2. Mix the cornflakes into the melted chocolate, covering them completely. Spread onto a tray in the thinnest layer possible and pop in the fridge for at least 15 mins.
3. Mix 100g of butter with 200g of icing sugar and 50g of cocoa power. Keep mixing until the ingredients combine and form a thick butter icing. The thicker the better!
4. Get an empty cupcake case and your cold and set chocolate covered cornflakes from the fridge.
5. Spoon a blob of icing into the bottom of the cupcake case. Break off small chunks of the cornflakes and stick into the icing at all sides, building higher and higher.
6. Spoon another smaller dollop of icing onto top and stick more chunks of cornflakes on all sides. Stick a final piece of cornflake on top.
7. Pop back in the fridge for as long as you can possibly wait. (I recommend overnight.)
Before serving, you can sprinkle with icing sugar to get that snowy winter effect, or simply leave plain.